Our 2-day skills intensive ice climbing clinics take place in either Ouray, CO or Lake City CO.
Ouray is home to one of the world’s best known ice parks and the largest annual ice festival in the nation (The Ouray Ice Festival), Ouray has become an ice climbing destination for ice enthusiasts across the globe.
Lake City offers a smaller yet significantly less crowded ice park and is closer to the town of Crested Butte.
Over the course of 2 days participants will be presented with the fundamentals of ice climbing including, but not limited to, the following:
- Rope Work
- How and where to belay
- Basics of ice climbing movement (swinging, kicking, how to "read" ice, etc.)
- Setting up anchors for top-rope
- Ice protection (how to place and remove ice screws)
- Multi - Pitch progressions
- Introduction to leading ice & building anchors
- Introduction to mixed climbing
- Tips on descending routes