Irwin Guides professional team of AMGA Trained and/or Certified Ski Guide, Professional Ski Patrollers and Professional Ski Instructors have been developing and teaching the curriculum of the American Institute for Avalanche Research and Education (AIARE) since it first began in Crested Butte, Colorado. Quick and easy access to numerous trailheads, vast ski terrain for all abilities, and a full array of town and backcountry-hut based course options means we have what it takes to offer you the best avalanche education experience available. Lodging options and discounts are also available!
- Enrollment in any scheduled AIARE Level 1, Level 2, or Refresher Course with Irwin Guides; · Lodging;
- Breakfast supplied by Gas Café;
- Evening food and beverages provided by The Brick Oven Pizzeria and Pub.
Applicants are required to submit a short video (no more than 3 minutes) or an essay (no more than 2000 words) describing who you are, your passion for the outdoors and for skiing and/or snowboarding, and how you will use your newfound knowledge to educate your community and friends. We also need to know:
Upon completion of the course, the scholarship recipient will be required to provide the following: ·
- where you live
- which course you will register for
- your age (you must be 18 years or older)
- your telephone number
- an essay about what was learned
- 5 pictures from the course
To apply, please send your essay or video application to: KnoxFrankScholarship@gmail.com (subject: Knox Scholarship).
- a thank you note to the scholarship committee and sponsors
All applications are due on or before Sunday, October 27, 2019.
The winner will be announced November 3, 2019, via telephone. All applicants and friends are invited to a party held in honor of Knox on January 24, 2020, at The Brick Oven Pizzeria & Pub, 223 Elk Avenue, Crested Butte, CO.
Irwin Guides is proud to partner with Ortovox! Watch one of their avalanche education trailers here!