AIARE Avalanche Rescue is a one-day stand alone course that is intended to be retaken on a regular basis in order to stay current in rescue techniques and gear.
Each participant will have the opportunity to receive professional coaching of their rescue skills and will receive a rescue card acknowledging completion date at course end.
AIARE Avalanche Rescue is a prerequisite for the AIARE 2 and Pro 1 courses. AIARE recommends that all backcountry travelers keep their skills current by taking an Avalanche Rescue Course and receiving a rescue card at least every other year.
At the end of the Avalanche Rescue course the students should be able to:
- Describe what to do if they or a member of their party is caught in an avalanche.
- Identify and be able to use gear necessary for avalanche rescue.
- Set up a realistic scenario in order to practice an avalanche rescue response.
- Improve their response skills and times during and after the course with feedback from instructors and peers.
- Develop a plan for continued practice.