AIARE Avalanche Rescue is a one-day stand alone course that is intended to be retaken on a regular basis in order to stay current in rescue techniques and gear.
Each participant will have the opportunity to receive professional coaching of their rescue skills and will receive a rescue card acknowledging completion date at course end.
AIARE Avalanche Rescue is a prerequisite for the AIARE 2 and Pro 1 courses. AIARE recommends that all backcountry travelers keep their skills current by taking an Avalanche Rescue Course and receiving a rescue card at least every other year.
Learn the basics of rescue and develop your skills further with this one day course.
At the end of the Avalanche Rescue course the students should be able to:
- Describe what to do if they or a member of their party is caught in an avalanche.
- Identify and be able to use gear necessary for avalanche rescue.
- Set up a realistic scenario in order to practice an avalanche rescue response.
- Improve their response skills and times during and after the course with feedback from instructors and peers.
- Develop a plan for continued practice.
Irwin Guides is proud to partner with Ortovox!